[lug] access to audio from non-desktop login

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Nov 11 13:29:06 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 12:09 -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
> That might work but I wouldn't say it was the best solution.  Using
> alternate user-ids is really a great idea because you can use it to
> isolate your network activities from your real data, giving you more
> protection against brower and Flash bugs.

Not to mention that if you're really anal (I'm not quite there yet but
getting close) about securing your bank account you could actually set
up a user whose sole purpose was to launch a browser to log into your
bank account - and nothing else. Not that you *couldn't* log into
anything else, just that you simply don't use that browser for anything
*but* the bank.

Eliminates the cross-site scripting bugs, at least.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org