[lug] Speaking of VPNs

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 14:52:53 MST 2008

I believe there are a number of different linux based implementations.

Can anyone recommend one that just works and is fairly well documented?

I'm looking for recommendations that work under two scenarios:

1) Server is RH or Ubuntu based and clients are windows based.  I'm assuming that the linux clients won't be an issue if you have a linux based server.

2) A reliable linux based vpn client (redhat or ubuntu) that needs to talk to a MS based server that has already been configured by a workplace IT department.

If one implementation works for both scenarios that would be best.  However, something tells me there might be two sets of recommendations here.