[lug] access to audio from non-desktop login

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 14:58:55 MST 2008

> If you're running Firefox, an alternative might be to
> run them both as
> the same desktop user.  You should be able to use the
> 'firefox -P
> <profile>' command-line to run a separate Firefox
> instance that uses
> your proxy settings.

FWIW, although the OP wanted separate users, I'd second that the method described here will probably work in a pinch.  In fact, based upon some past tunneling experience, I don't believe you need to even start FF from the command line using the -P option.  I think you can just file > new > open new browser window (or similar) from within FF.  Set the proxy settings on the new browser window to tunnel.  The original browser window will still use your std enet interface without tunneling.  Because both browser windows are running under the same user, I would imagine the sound should work the same for both.  Not as convenient as separate users but will get you to listening to music faster.