[lug] Semi-OT: Advice on page monitor tools

Craig Talbert craig.talbert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:32:52 MST 2008

I like to set something up to monitor a set of web pages for changes
(about 200). I've been looking at the services that do this, and most
of them either don't have the features I need or are a little too
expensive (e.g. changedetect.com does it all but is $40.00 a month).

I need something that will support form submission as well as HTTP
authentication and cookies. I realize I could hack something together
with wget, or lynx, or expect and all... but, I'd much rather use
something that all ready works.

- Craig