[lug] Slightly off topic - 1TB hard drive $100

David Howland david.howland at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:58:22 MST 2008

Tigerdirect has a 1TB Seagate Barrcuda for 10$ more on sale ending 11/23
I wouldn't recommend a "green" drive to a client but I have friends
that hardly need performance out of their machines and the "green"
drives would be worth the 10$ price cut to them.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3346290&sku=TSD-1000AS

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 2:24 PM,  <dio2002 at indra.com> wrote:
> i'm not 100% certain of this, but i looked 1T drives awhile ago.  this is a
> "green" drive.  which is very good for the environment / saving electricity
> costs.  however, if performance is a consideration, this may not be the best
> drive out there regardless of the excellent price.  iirc the drives are
> designed to auto power down (which is what makes them green) frequently and
> i'm not sure you have the capacity to disable these "green" features on the
> drive if you don't want them.  just a heads up.
>
> Lori Reed wrote:
>>
>> Microcenter in store only, through 11/23
>>
>> Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA Hard Drive $99.99
>>
>> Coupon needed, available here:
>>
>> http://cps7.00b.net/498/content_load/889/coupon_l208b.html?R=1466031930&BrCs=498&BrCg=16182962&BrRc=1466031930
>>

>> L.

-- David Howland
-- Please do not send me Microsoft Word or Excel attachments.
-- http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html