[lug] Re: E-mail etiquette

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 05:52:02 MST 2008

I had to look to see what I do.  I do both.  25 years ago, I'd bottom-post
exclusively, when that was universal; now I top-post when have an undivided,
self-contained reply, like this.  I bottom post to comment on pieces, as a
point-by-point.

I have one friend who regularly emails me in color, and didn't know, until
Dave's post, that it might be a habit acquired in Outlook, though she now
uses Gmail.  It bugs me less than people who email me in big fonts (also an
Outlook thing, I think).

I used to quote with ">" and ">>>>", but Gmail quotes with a vertical pipe
in gray.  It took me a few weeks, but now I'm used to it. Getting used to
omitting newlines was harder, but it now seems to be the email norm.

I'm not implying what I do is right -- only observing --
And if you care, I'm sure you find my lack of faith disturbing.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]