[lug] Fixed-width fonts for email?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Dec 4 16:20:55 MST 2008

Jeffrey Haemer wrote:

> I get boxes like these  -- or even more elaborate, mysterious figures
> drawn with "+" and "|" and "-" -- about  once a year, and I think, "WTF?"

I miss giant signatures with elaborate ASCII Art, and spinning BBS
cursors over 1200 baud modems! Bring back the 80's man!  (BIG GRIN)  Heh
heh.

/\oo/\ - A bat.
/\**/\ - A bat who ran into a wall.
/\OO/\ - A bat who's very surprised.

Meh... I used those a lot.  It was a pseudonym.  Wow... that was a long
time ago...

As an aviation buff, I always liked this one too -- a quick Google for
ASCII art and a few links, and I found it again...

                          . '    '.
                    ====.`__________`\====
                            ` '' `

Of course, airliners now have ETOPS ratings, and only 2 engines for
International over-water flights... sigh... time and tech march on.

(And pilots still joke that "ETOPS" stands for "Engines Turn Or
Passengers Swim", and always will!)

Nate