[lug] Fixed-width fonts for email?

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:10:55 MST 2008

Normally, I try to avoid thread-hijacking -- modifying Subject lines --
because it foils threaded readers.  In this particular case, however, I'll
try forking Bear's response with a new Subject line, to give folks a
separate place to discuss his separate topic.

My reasons are entirely selfish.

This is the *Boulder* Linux Users Group, so I just expect occasional
discussions on the mailing list to degenerate into political discussions or
flame wars.  (In fact, I've been pleasantly surprised by our high
signal-to-noise ratio.)

I suspect most mail clients permit filtering of various sorts.  For example,
my usual client, Gmail, lets me "mute" a thread that I'm not interested in
with a single keystroke.  The entire thread, and all future contributions,
get redirected to my personal bit-bucket.

Unfortunately, if I mute this thread now, I won't see focused answers to my
own, original question. :-)

So, here's my request:

If you want to talk about fixed- and variable-width fonts, stay here; if you
want to discuss who you think created the CBS/Dan Rather forgeries, or why,
please do it on another thread, so folks who don't want to wade through that
can filter it out.

Me, I'm interested in who still regularly uses mail clients with fixed-width
fonts.  It's why I asked.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]