[lug] optical drive replacement for a powerbook G4

David Howland david.howland at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:40:09 MST 2008

Steve,
Take a look at http://www.ifixit.com/
I get my replacement parts from them and have used the manuals they
provide online for installation. You can even order tools from them if
you need to.
I have done my own repairs on both my iBook G4 (running Debian & OS X)
as well as my Macbook (running Gentoo & OS X).

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Steve A Hart <Shart at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Sorry for tossing a Mac question in here but since OS X is essentially
> another flavor of Linux I guess it works!
>
> Anyway, I'm looking to buy a replacement superdrive for a Powerbook G4
> (1.67GHz).  Does anyone know where I can pick one up? I want to avoid ebay
> and/or craigslist if I can.  I found one at otherworldcomputing.com but
> would like to find some other retailers to do some pricing.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
> --
> Steve Hart
> Systems Administrator
> Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research
> University of Colorado Boulder
> shart at colorado.edu
> (303)492-8109

-- David Howland
-- Please do not send me Microsoft Word or Excel attachments.
-- http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html