[lug] optical drive replacement for a powerbook G4

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Dec 11 12:09:38 MST 2008

David Howland wrote:

> I have done my own repairs on both my iBook G4 (running Debian & OS X)
> as well as my Macbook (running Gentoo & OS X).

I know it's off-topic, but have you tackled the iBook G4 hard drive
replacement?  Looks like a bejillion little screws to keep track of, and
some tricky "popping" of the plastic case apart in the appropriate
places, but do-able... kinda ugly though.

Just wondering if you had tried it, and how it turned out.  Any "extra"
screws left over when you got done?  Hahaha...

Nate