[lug] .NET mono on linux

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 14:48:59 MST 2008

it looks like i might have to perform some ASP.net programming soon.

took me a couple of days to sort through MSs lingo and confusing jargon to figure out how all of the services / tools / platforms / servers integrate.  still a little confused.

i'm wondering if anybody has any experience running ASP.Net on apache via mono or some other integration mechanism?  is it worth the hastle?  i believe ASP.NET is currently at 3.5.  yet mono website seems to only support v 2.0.?

also. any thoughts on what is the cheapest fully functional windows 2003 server in case i go the MS route?  they have so many flavors and service packs.  I basically want the lowest common denominator with the least amount of client licenses that has Active Directory, latest full version IIS, latest full version SQL server and Remote Access Support.