[lug] CLIQ redux

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jan 7 20:23:19 MST 2009

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 15:24 -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> I have, from time to time recently, been talking with various folks
> about maybe bringing the Linux Plumbers Conference to Boulder in 2010.
> I always figure I'll come to my senses and drop the idea, but one never
> knows.  With a bit of work, it would probably be possible to have a
> top-tier development event here, which would be fun...

That would be interesting.  I haven't been to any of those and I'm sure
I'd enjoy it.  In fact I haven't even been to LW since 2000 or so.

> That said, I'm not yet ready to commit to organizing this.  It would be
> a *lot* of work, even with the Linux Foundation doing a lot of the
> support.

I would imagine it being quite a bit more work than CLIQ was.  Lots of
arrangements with out of town people.  But it's certainly something we
can think about later.  For now I think Sean's idea of a mini-expo is a
good way to get things started again.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>