[lug] Re: Filesystem attributes (lsattr/chattr): how to deal with files with "I" attrbitute?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jan 22 12:22:24 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 11:26 -0700, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> A guy at work has a file on a linux box that has an attribute (from
> lsattr) of "I" (uppercase i).  Lowercase i is immutable.  Uppercase I
> means, quoting the chattr man page:

Never mind.  User error.  Doh!

FYI: The "I" was not keeping him from removing the directory.  The
parent directory had the immutable flag set and *THAT* kept him from
removing the directory.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org