[lug] Remote admin linux to windows

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Fri Jan 23 00:23:14 MST 2009

Many thanks for all the remote windows admin ideas.
Summarizing, it sounds like there are 3 main approaches:

rdesktop: distributed with linux, a client for the
  MS Remote Desktop Protocol

logmein.com: limited free version, pro is $70/yr

VNC:
  tightvnc.com: open source, supported by donations
  realvnc.com: free(limited function), personal($30), enterprise($50)
  ultravnc.com: open source, supported by donations

Do any of these methods allow me to see the remote (server)
screen when my mother is logged in?  She often asks questions like
  There are so many messages on the screen - which ones are important?
  Now what do I click?
And without seeing her screen, it's tough to answer!

Thanks,

Steve