[lug] SSH tunnel, svn, https problem

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Wed Feb 4 18:26:12 MST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 18:02, Glenn Murray <gmurray at mines.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, David Morris wrote:

>> You are trying to use a proxy where none exists.  localhost:2588 is
>> the actual server, not a proxy.
>
> Thanks, that makes sense.  It seems the problem is in my .ssh/config?
> I'm trying to access the subversion server behind a gateway.  I
> usually use the tunnel for shells and web browsing on various Linux
> boxes, but I have no account on the subversion server.
>
> I'm trying to get commands like "svn update" to work through the
> tunnel.  My config looks like this:

Based on your original email, the SSH tunnel is working because you
can run "svn list https://.....".  The problem is the subversion
configuration, which needs to be pointed to "localhost:2588" instead
of "subversion.server.gov", which does not exist.  Can't help with how
to do that though, I don't use subversion anymore (I use git now).
Perhaps someone still using svn can add more detail?

--David