[lug] Development & reporting tool choices

Ville Kallioniemi ville.kallioniemi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:48:32 MST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 11:47 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Ville Kallioniemi wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Kevin Kempter wrote:
>>> 3) Any thoughts on the methods to generate XML via C ?
>> libxml is pretty good:
>> http://xmlsoft.org/
>> Although doing xml in C/C++ is a PITA compared to e.g. python or
>> java.
>
> How does libxml compare to xerces?

Xerces is for C++ and Java.  From what I understand,  libxml supports
more advanced features,  although I've never needed anything fancier
than parsing and creation.  I've mostly used xerces c++,  so I was
happily surprised by the lightness of libxml.
Also, my impression is that libxml is more actively developed and more
widely used (e.g. Apple, gnome).

-Ville