[lug] Linux Certification

Eddie Kovsky edkovsky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:49:05 MST 2009

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with Linux certification
programs. Do they have any weight with employers? Have you learned anything
through a certification course you wouldn't have picked up on your own?

I'm looking at the Ubuntu/LPI Certification, but it seems like its focused
solely on book knowledge. Also, the top certifications are still incomplete.

http://lpi.org/eng/certification

Red Hat certification is much more hands on, but holy cow is it expensive.

https://www.redhat.com/certification/

Any thoughts on the return on investment for getting certified?

Thanks

-Eddie Kovsky