[lug] Advice Wanted: How to Locate OS projects in need of documentation help

Aaron Nichols anichols at trumped.org
Mon Mar 2 16:38:44 MST 2009

Hi Brian,
   You could hit a wider distribution on any of the primary OS mailing
lists. For example, FreeBSD has a general users at freebsd.org type
mailing list for general discussion, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc I'm sure all
have something similar. Most of the project owners would likely be
lurking on those lists in addition to any more specific lists - and if
not there are likely moderators or project participants who are
watching those more general lists.

List of FreeBSD lists (I mention them because they can *always* use help):
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

Ubuntu Documentation Team:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam

Fedora Documentation Team (Content Writer):
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join#ContentWriter

Hope that helps.

Aaron