[lug] Advice Wanted: How to Locate OS projects in need of documentation help

Patrick P parspe at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:27:04 MST 2009

 Hi,
 actually I have just such a project I need to get some work done on.

Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:17:37 -0700
Subject: Re: [lug] Advice Wanted: How to Locate OS projects in need of 	documentation help
From: scott.rohling at gmail.com
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us

I would approach project sites - but not at random.  Pick something you use but feel documentation is lacking for..   make a better doc.  If you build it, they will come  ;-)

I believe in choosing..  not waiting for others to choose you. YMMV..

Best of luck..

Scott

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Brian Clark <BClarkInCO at juno.com> wrote:

I'm interested in doing some tech writing in order
to start a small portfolio I can use in seeking other writing work.  Can
anyone suggest a way to locate OS projects in need of such help, other than
approaching project sites individually and at random and
inquiring?

Thanks in advance

Digital Photography - Click Now.

Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug