[lug] testing PCI bus

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Mar 8 18:37:00 MDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 18:48 -0700, Scott Rohling wrote:
> Have you tried swapping card slots?  Does your PVR 150 work in any
> slot?
>
> And since you say you have another box - that should help diagnose as
> well by swapping things and see if they work..

Thanks for the tips from everyone.

Looks like the trouble was simply that the drivers were not up to date
in the F10 distro.  I grabbed the latest release from linuxtv.org (via
the MythTV web site link), built and installed them and the device seems
to be working just fine now.

Kinda cool.  I can record SD and HD now.  And this single core AMD seems
to work fine with it though there is occasional jitter on the digital
channels.  This might be a sign that the CPU can't keep up.  For now,
I'm happy.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>