[lug] next talks

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:55:09 MDT 2009

Kevin,

Wonderful.  Thanks.

I have August-December open, and have one guy who's already deciding which
one he wants.  Is it okay if I wait until he tells me to ask you which one
you want?

You would have *loved* the talk last night.  Really.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Kevin Kempter <kevin at kevinkempterllc.com>wrote:

> Hi Jeff;
>

> I'd be up for doing another PostgreSQL related talk, maybe a more specific
> area like one of the following:
>

> - Setting up a PostgreSQL Warm Standby Server
> - SLONY
> - PostgreSQL PITR (Point in Time Recovery)
> - Setting up a PostgreSQL Backup/Recovery Strategy
>

> Or some other PostgreSQL area...
>

> /Kevin
>

> On Friday 13 March 2009 12:35:09 Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> > Davide,
> >
> > Fine suggestions!
> >
> > I'll send you separate email about the two topics you've suggested you
> > might be able to talk about.
> >
> > In case it's useful, I do like getting topics in ways other than asking
> for
> > volunteers.
> >
> > (1) Sometimes, lots of folks ask for a particular topic, like Asterisk,
> and
> > we have a local expert who says, "Sure. I can do that!"
> >
> > (2) Sometimes, a speaker who's already volunteered to talk about a
> popular,
> > general area, like Linux databases, asks the mailing list what, in
> > particular, he should talk about.
> >
> > (3) Sometimes someone who wants to hear about a topic, like IP law,
> *finds*
> > a speaker.
> >
> > (4) Sometimes, folks will give me the name of a speaker that they want to
> > hear, and they don't even care what the topic is. As Mick Jagger and
> Keith
> > Richards have pointed out, "It's the singer, / Not the song."
> >
> > (5) Sometimes, I just twist arms and call in favors.
> >
> > Each of these helps fill our schedule.
> >
> > BLUG isn't an organization with an independent life of its own, or an
> > outside source of funding, or people selected to work for it, or
> > committees, or even members.
> >
> > It's just us. Getting stuff done.
> >
> > And when something does get done, it's because some, single person, on
> his
> > own initiative, steps up to the plate to do it.

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]
303-997-1219 [Grand Central]
http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com