[lug] ATT&T mobile broadband

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:32:27 MDT 2009

>> I'm thinking about signing for mobile broadband with AT&T.  On the AT&T
>> web site there are a lot of USB modems.  Anyone know of a model or two that
>> is known play nice with Linux?
>
> You should call and ask them.  That would let them know that a) there are
> Linux users with money to spend, and b) their web site is deficient.
I do agree that's worth calling them and let them know both a) and b).
I don't think they will know the answer and I suspect they will not
even be able to figure out themselves and recall you later with
additional info.

> If they can't answer you or don't support Linux you could look elsewhere
> (even if you wind up figuring it out yourself).
I think what I wrote above applies to other companies as well.
For broadband at home, that happened to me: nobody knew anything, "we
don't support linux, please buy a win or mac" was their answer. And by
the way I figure out how to have my connection working without any
windows or mac machine

Bye,
;Dav