[lug] ATT&T mobile broadband

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 16 21:17:52 MDT 2009

Gary Hodges wrote:
> I'm thinking about signing for mobile broadband with AT&T.  On the AT&T
> web site there are a lot of USB modems.  Anyone know of a model or two
> that is known play nice with Linux?

What I have done is to get the models that are available and then search
google for those specific models to see how they work.  That's how we got
the original cards we're using with Sprint, and the recent USB version I
got to be able to use with another laptop that doesn't have PCMCIA.

One thing to note is that you may have to use Windows to provision it.
With the Sprint cards this seems to be the case.  Once the card or dongle
is provisioned for the first time, you can then use it for Linux after
that.

Sean