[lug] Google Summer of Code project: Tahoe LAFS

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Mar 17 19:21:53 MDT 2009

Folks:

My open source project is Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem:

http://allmydata.org

It is something between a p2p file-sharing app and a distributed
filesystem.  I sometimes refer to it as a "p2p disk-sharing app".

We're applying to be sponsored by the Google Summer of Code:

http://code.google.com/soc

If accepted then a small number of students will be paid a stipend to
hack on Tahoe this summer.  "Students" includes undergrads and grad
students, and high school students, but you have to be 18 for google
to be able to pay you your stipend.  See the GSoC FAQ for details.

Also, of course, you are welcome to join the tahoe open source
community even if we can't arrange for you to get paid.

Regards,

Zooko