[lug] [Slightly OT] File Management?

Matt James matuse at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 08:45:13 MDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Rob Nagler wrote:

> I hope this helps.

Wow Rob, all good information, thanks.

I've given up on Tape as well.  All disk based from here on out - can't beat
the price.

Before we get into more hardware discussion about what's best in terms of
raid level, SAN architecture, etc, I would like to focus more on the data
itself.  Rob touched on this a couple of times in terms of data retention
policies and how he manages his music and pictures.  I guess what I am
really after is how to organize data in such a way that it is less painful
to use.  I know I'm being rather ambiguous here but I'm not sure how to
better describe what I'm after.

Matt

--
Go Green!  Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely
necessary.