[lug] Learning to code on Linux.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 12:44:58 MDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> What's a good way to learn how to write C apps for Linux?
>

> Anyone run across a concise way to get started?

My friend google told me for subject 'book linux development' among
other things:

Book - Beginning Linux Programming - Matthew & Stones

Book - Linux Application Development - Johnson & Troan

Free download - http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/downloads.html

Book - The Linux Development Platform: Configuring, Using and
Maintaining a Complete Programming Environment - Perens

I would think that you couldn't go wrong with a book by Bruce Perens.

Enjoy

--
Collins Richey