[lug] iwlagn (intel) wireless card with WPA under Ubuntu?

David Ahern dsahern at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 11:04:35 MDT 2009

I'm using F10's Network Manager, so it handles the details.

With older releases, Fedora 8, 9, I used manually controlled wrappers
around wpa_supplicant -- one version for the home wireless, and a
different version for the wireless at work.  The work version was using
setting that were not available in older wpa_supplicant versions as well
as older features in openssl. I don't recall the exact details of that
problem (it was 2-1/2 years ago).

Here are the config files I was using; in all cases personal information
was replaced with '...'.

For home:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1
ap_scan=1

network={
        ssid="..."
	proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	psk="..."
	pairwise=TKIP
	group=TKIP
}

For work it was:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel

network={
        ssid="..."
        scan_ssid=2
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=FAST
        anonymous_identity="anonymous"
        identity="..."
        phase1="fast_provisioning=1"
        pac_file="/etc/wpa_supplicant.eap-fast-pac"
        eap_gtc_request="password"
        password="..."
}

david