[lug] keyboard weirdness after updates....

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Apr 5 00:22:53 MDT 2009

bgiles wrote:
> I've been updating my system and getting very bizarre results.

Sorry, I can't help specifically.  But I did recently have an upgrade
problem.  Upgrading packages failed for some odd reason and then perl
was broken.  So I couldn't do anything to fix the upgrade because all
the tools needed perl.

In the end the perl executable was corrupted because the disk took a hit
during the upgrade.  fsck fixed the disk on reboot and then I could
replace the file (by hand, I think--perl's package seems to require perl
to install).

So you might look for hardware issues that are just coincident with the
upgrade.

Dave