[lug] Cheap laptop for a neophyte

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Wed Apr 8 09:08:58 MDT 2009

What would you recommend for a not-so-newbie looking for a more
full functioned laptop - DVD RW, wireless, larger screen and
keyboard?

My main concerns are:
  - I install my own Debian, so don't want a machine that
    requires much customization when installing Linux.
    For example, hopefully no vendor-supplied custom drivers.

  - In particular I'm interested in the wireless adapter.  Many laptops
    don't handle wireless well under Linux.

  - And of course how well does the vendor support it.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve Sullivan    sullivan at mathcom.com

http://www.mathcom.com