[lug] Fwd: Boulder Linux + Open Source Bridge

Jonathan Corbet corbet-bldrlug at lwn.net
Fri Apr 10 18:06:25 MDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:56:26 -0600
Boulder Linux <boulderlinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> This was in the boulderlinux inbox, and seemed appropriate to pass on
> to the group.
>
> If anyone is interested, Open Source Bridge also gave us a conference
> registration to raffle off.

I was curious about this event, so I did some asking around here at the
Linux Foundation shindig.  It seems that "Open Source Bridge" is put
together by a group of disgruntled Portland folks who are unhappy that
OSCON left town.  It's likely to be a similar event - high-level and
language-oriented.

It will probably be good.  But if you're wanting to head to Portland
for a Linux event and some good beer, you might also think about the
Linux Plumbers Conference / LinuxCon in September.  It looks like it
will shape into a great event, and there'll be enough tracks that you
can easily avoid having to listen to me speak.

jon