[lug] Favorite forums for posting Qs on running windows on top of linux on new Drives

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Fri May 1 12:13:18 MDT 2009

Where can I find a good discussion of xen v. kvm v. vmware v. dual boot? I
have a three year old CPU and I don't have that special firmware feature
that came out a couple years (spring 2007?) that allows one to run windows
on XEN or KVM (please correct me if I am wrong). I think I still have to run
VMWare - correct?

I think VMWare will let me run Windows on top of linux - correct? Is it
fast? I need to run Windows Compilers.

I was just going to up grade my disk drives and start fresh with new OS
installations. I think this would be less work than to try to delete all the
garbage on my 120GB drives. I just saw some 1.5TB drives on Amazon.

Oh: I also have questions on hardware! What is your favorite forum for
posting questions on disk drives?

Sometimes I like to go to a local retailer to buy something problematic so I
can get my money back if it does not work. When you buy something on the
internet, it can be inconvenient to get an RMA make another trip to the post
office. If I buy new 1.5TB sata drives on Amazon, could I expect to be able
to install them in my drive bays with no problem?

Siegfried