[lug] Installfest next week!

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat May 9 22:32:59 MDT 2009

Don't forget to think about what you're working on at installfest next
week and get your gear ready.  Here's a distro update:

If you think the DTC is too far to drive make sure you'll be free in
July.  Otherwise this is your last chance for an installfest before fall.

Fedora - Fedora 11 doesn't come out until the 26th, so it will be the
"new distro" for the July installfest.  I'll have 10 available, is it
worth bringing the 11 pre-release?

Debian - Lenny released in Feb so it's old news.  But I'll have a
current mirror of testing as well.  I don't think KDE 4 has made it to
testing yet.

Knoppix - still 6.0.1.  I don't think it handles LVM or RAID so it isn't
as interesting as it used to be.  But ADRIANE is kind of fun to play with.

Ubuntu - of course the 9.04 release just happened so I have new images
for *buntu.

Nothing new with SUSE.

I'm going to work on some xorg.conf things to understand how mice are
handled.  I hear there's a need for some MythTV help too, so if you know
how to make tuner cards work come on out.

Dave