[lug] VoIP: T-Mobile @Home

Bamm Visscher bamm.visscher at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:28:22 MDT 2009

I have T-Mobile @Home. The service is fine. VOIP is only as good as
your connection to the internet. I have wireless from Skybeam (use to
be MesaNetworks) and at 1.5 down and 500 up and things are working
okay. I also work from home and have a second VOIP business phone from
a different provider. I can talk on them both w/o any issues. I did
have some recurring network issues for a couple of months, but the
issue was with my internet provider, not T-mobile even though it made
it a bear to talk on the phone at times.

T-mobile @home and T-mobile HotSpot are two different things. If you
have a HotSpot (wifi) enabled cell phone, you can use your cell at
home w/o incurring any airtime charges. I don't use this. I just have
the Panasonic phones I bought at CostCo and they work fine. The only
oddity I see is with CID. It takes two rings before it shows up.
Somewhat annoying.  Biggest pro is the cost. While I was getting
bombarded w/fees from Qwest, my bill from T-mobile is $9.99 + 0.86
(lame fee) + $1.86 (taxes) - $1.00 (10% off company deal). That
includes free long distance.

Bamm

--
sguil - The Analyst Console for NSM