[lug] VoIP: T-Mobile @Home

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue May 12 09:52:35 MDT 2009

For International calls I have VOIP software installed that provides for very inexpensive calling.  My Symbian phone runs a gizmo VOIP client, which lets me call Germany for $0.02/min.  Skype offers a client for some mobile phones that lets you use your local minutes but then get their low rates for international calls.

Ferdinand

Ferdinand Schmid
IT Manager
Architectural Energy Corporation
Phone: 303-459-7431

Bamm Visscher wrote:
> According to the website, I have:
>
> Unlimited nationwide calling
> Voice Mail
> Caller ID (and call waiting ID)
> Call Waiting
> Call Forwarding
> 3-way conference calling

Was just looking on the web site to find out what call waiting is (still
looking), and ended up on the international call rate page.
International rates are very high, e.g., $0.69 to the UK and $0.99 to
Singapore, but come down a lot with the $5/month "International
Service."  Down to $0.05 and $0.13 for the two examples above.  I was
told services and can be added and deleted at will, so if your only
international calling will be when someone is on travel, adding the
service temporarily is an option.  It is another consideration though,
and I will double check the ability to add and delete services.  Those
cheap rates are what I have with my POTS long distance service.

> Bamm
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
>> That's pretty amazing pricing.  Does that include any of the typical
>> features (apparently I can answer that it includes Caller ID), like call
>> waiting, call forwarding, 3-way calling, voice mail, etc?
>>
>> Nate

Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety