[lug] iPod or MP3?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu May 28 15:47:03 MDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 15:31 -0600, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
> I love my iPod Shuffle.  It's tiny, simple, solid-state (read "vibration
> doesn't cause skips"), and you can take it anywhere.

Had one, but didn't like the fact I couldn't see what was playing.  I
like the nano better since it has a display I use to choose what I'm
playing.

> AmaroK for KDE is awesome for working with iPods.

It was a lot better before the new version.  I gave up on the new
version.  Just couldn't get the thing to work.

> For command-line magic, check out gnuPod.

Most applications access the iPods via the gtkpod libraries, I believe.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org