[lug] Server Reverts to 6 months ago

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu May 28 16:21:08 MDT 2009

John Starkey wrote:
> I'm running a custom built server AMD 64 bit with 3ware 9550 RAID 1. Custom

Do you have monitoring set up to tell you if the RAID array drops a drive?
Because it sounds exactly like an issue that a local guy here in Fort
Collins had a few weeks or a month ago with a 3ware card that had fallen
out of the array and then they pulled the other drive and viola!

So, check the RAID array status, that's the first thing I'd do.

How did I recover this friend's system?  An afternoon of pain and
suffering...  ;-/

Sean