[lug] iPod or MP3?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu May 28 16:28:00 MDT 2009

>hook up into the stereo system in my car (I know that the car stereo has
>a port for an iPod, but I'll have to dig into what else it might support).

The car supporting an iPod is one of the most compelling reasons to get an
iPod.  It means that you don't have to charge the iPod, and that you can
probably use the stereo controls to skip music and the like.  It is
awesome.

I have an aftermarket one in my car that plugs in between the CD changer
and the head unit.  I love it.

Otherwise, I hate the freaking thing.  The little circular dial thingie is
pretty and everything, but it S-U-C-K-S for use.  You want to change the
volume?  Sorry, you're now in track selection mode, or skip within song
mode.

As a car music player, the iPod is great.  As a portable music player, I
freaking hate the thing.  Though the 24 hours of battery life is nice.
This is an iPod nano, the fat one.

Sean