[lug] Server Reverts to 6 months ago

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu May 28 17:45:05 MDT 2009

> So you think the drive that is running now wasn't being written to so when the

I can't make any conjectures about why it happened, but it sounds like
around 6 months ago one of the drives fell out of the array and it wasn't
noticed.

I don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but this is why it's so critical to
get the RAID checking set up as part of the RAID installation.  If you
can't commit to doing the monitoring setup, don't do the RAID card setup...
It so often leads to pain and suffering down the line.

Sean