[lug] Ubuntu users: request for topics for articles

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Jun 8 10:05:30 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 06:38 -0600, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Compiz fusion.
>
> When I'm on an Ubuntu desktop, and other people are around, it's the
> thing that makes them say, "How can I get that on my computer?"
>
> You can get it under other distros but for Ubuntu, it's the default
> window manager.

Ugh.  I hate that thing.  Lots of eye candy chewing up my CPU/GPU.  But
I know lots of people like it.  I tried the workspace manager thing but
I prefer GNOME's workspace switcher because I can have 12 workspaces (6
for home stuff on the top row, 6 for work stuff on the bottom row).

I'll think about that one.  Problem is I'm running Ubuntu in a VM under
Fedora and I'm not sure how well the 3D stuff will run under that.  Just
have to try it out and see.

Thanks!

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org