[lug] Ubuntu users: request for topics for articles

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:20:25 MDT 2009

> I personally would like to see inside the bug tracking process.

Me too. See for example this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/351759
They were quick to say "this is user misunderstanding" but when I
pointed out that it wasn't they didn't say anything, neither when I
added further details (note the fairly long list of people notified).
I know, it's open source, it's done for free, blah blah. But that's
actually ubuntu introducing a bug in firefox. As I wrote in the bug
report, if fixing it would be too expensive, at least a notification
is due...  And if even that would be too much of an effort, then they
should say so and set the "importance level" very low.

On a related topic, I don't understand why I have to create a
different account for http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ and I cannot use
the same launchpad one. But this is not good for a paper.

Bye,
;Dav
PS: Michael, I'll send my suggestions for articles later this week.