[lug] motherboard advice

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Fri Aug 14 21:57:17 MDT 2009

I'm looking for an accurate, updated hardware compatibility list for
RedHat Enterprise 5.  Specifically, I'm looking for fully supported
motherboards for a desktop (non-server) system running an Intel core 2
duo or core 2 quad.  I've always gone with Asus or Gigabyte because
compatibility with RHEL 5 was best.  I've got to build 3 identical
systems and I'm tired of having to fiddle with network and sound modules
every time I boot into a new kernel.  I've got to go with RHEL 5 so
finding a motherboard that just works is my goal.

Any ideas on compatibility lists or MB suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers

Steve

--
Steve Hart