[lug] OT: Colocation Providers

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Aug 17 17:51:58 MDT 2009

On the flip-side, I've been to a few telco Central Offices where the
razor-wire was there to keep the fine upstanding "Citizens" of the local
neighborhood out... and they were more than happy to have your car next
to the building rather than have to hose what was left of you off the
sidewalk out front every morning.

A particular CO in  Newark, NJ comes to mind.  Lovely neighborhood.
Prime real-estate.  LOL!  Another CO in NJ had problems with basement
flooding... lovely place too.  Reminded me of mountain skies and
beautiful wildflower pastures!

Trips away from Colorado always make me realize how good we have it
here!  (GRIN)

Sorry, got me thinking about block-house buildings and razor wire
there...

Hey... It just dawned on me: My cubicle is smaller than the Federally
mandated space for inmates in prison, and the CO's and data centers are
built with similar security to SuperMax prisons!

What's not to love about our "high-tech" jobs?!

So far at least, they let us come and go at will... No wait... no they
don't!  And they have an on-call schedule too!  LOL!

Now, wait just a cotton pickin' minute here... hmmm...

(Okay just a little levity for Monday afternoon!!!)

--
  Nate Duehr
  nate at natetech.com