[lug] OT: Colocation Providers

George Sexton georges at mhsoftware.com
Mon Aug 17 18:09:09 MDT 2009

I hate dealing with Virtual servers. Every now and again, I have to install
our software on a machine running in a virtual server. It's just a
nightmare. Their Linux version is 5 years old, the JVM is the GNU one, which
is a joke; the RAM situation is squirrelly. Support is useless. They use
CPANEL, which is the nightmare of the universe. Nobody really understands
how CPANEL works so I have to re-figure it out each time.

I would much rather just do my own server than have to deal with the
additional complications of virtual servers.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585