[lug] Business VOIP Advice...

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Sep 3 11:25:39 MDT 2009

Nate Duehr wrote:
> And it'll keep getting cheaper.  Even my measly "residential" Comcast
> drop (yes, I have a commercial account but that's only for static
> IP's... I still share the pipe with the neighbors) can do 12 Mb/s to
> my house in it's sleep.  A T1 @ 1.544 Mb/s would put me to sleep
> waiting for a web page to load...

Yes well I would be ecstatically happy to have a T1 at home. I have 144
Kbps IDSL currently.

And you know what...it's not that bad. I don't watch videos and I block
out a lot of ads and web sites work pretty well. Even online gaming is
decent.

I *do* have to wait an entire week to get a game delivered to my Win-7
machine via Steam.
--
Zan Lynx
zlynx at acm.org

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."