[lug] Multiple level upgrade to FC 10 leaves yum with PHP library problem

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Sep 8 19:01:23 MDT 2009

Gordon Golding wrote:
> Of course, "rpm -q nspr"  gives the same problem....    :-)   :-)     Just "rpm" does the same...
> Error:   libplc4.so: cannot open shared object file

Could it be permissions?

I had a similar problem with apt.  Perl segfaulted and everything apt
tried ran a perl script that stopped everything when it failed.

fsck fixed perl and I went on.  The next time things started to segfault
I was able to determine that it was a bad connection in the memory cards.

Dave