[lug] VOIP help needed

Dallas Masters dallas.masters at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:39:07 MDT 2009

I'm on the board of a local mountain town.  BVSD is running fiber optics to all
of our facilities in exchange for granting them a right of way across our
property.  Therefore all of our facilities will have soon have fast internet
access.  We'd like to explore costs of dropping Qwest totally and moving to a
VOIP phone solution.  Currently we have ~15 dedicated Qwest lines serving about
six facilities.  Anyone want to give some advice on a cost-effective way
solution?

I use Lingo VOIP at home, so this seems straightforward to me and a huge cost
savings (even 15 separate VOIP accounts) over Qwest.  But I'm not familiar with
business VOIP and the differences. I need enough info to counter our misguided
notions that VOIP would cost a lot.  Thanks.

Dallas