[lug] GUI network interface difficulty

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at aim.com
Thu Oct 1 12:13:21 MDT 2009

 On FC11 the GUI network interface is being cranky.

I needed a larger boot drive on a data server.? To mitigate downtime, I created it and got it all ready on a different machine and swapped.

Afterwards, on both machines:

They booted auto DHCP, the network GUI showed the eth0 entry but would not ungray the activate/deactivate, and in the edit, wouldn't ungray DHCP settings.

They show a pan0 ethernet device, which I can't delete.

I fussed with the first one, including stuff like probing for the real card and hand-editing the device address and deleting the ifcfg-eth* entries, and saving the config over and over again and rebooting.

Finally, I could add a new ethernet entry, and it ungrayed the activate/deactivate.

I've tried all this on the second one and it still won't give me the activate/deactivate.

Gordon Golding