[lug] hard drive failure

Matt James matuse at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 10:29:06 MDT 2009

> Anyone recommend a local
> shop that can perform an evaluation, at a reasonable cost, and quote of the
> work that needs to be done to recover the data?

I've heard Reynolds Data Recovery is very good - I'm not sure how cost
competitive they are - but they are in Longmont.  Apparently they
changed their name to Forensics Data Recovery - but last I checked
they were still around town.

http://forensicsdatarecovery.net/

Last couple of people I have recommended this type of solution to have
not done it because of the shear cost involved.  You have to come to
the conclusion that the cost of reproducing the data on the drive (if
possible) is more than the cost of restoring it. If you can't do that
- you're wasting your time.

Matt