[lug] hard drive failure

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sun Oct 4 12:21:26 MDT 2009

You bet!  If they don't start initially, I'll give them a flick of the
wrist or hit them on a corner right at power up in the the direction of
the platter rotation to start rotation or maybe jar the heads.  Start
easy, more effort as needed.  Once saw a page that gave Maxtor diagnosis
based on the particular startup noises.  Can't find the link just now,
but an interesting read.

Frank Whiteley