[lug] Samba issues after Deb Lenny upgrade

John Starkey jstarkey at breezedev.com
Sun Oct 11 12:33:34 MDT 2009

Google doesn't appear to know much about this and I'm in a pinch so I
thought I'd send out a quick check. Does anyone know of anything that's
changed in the latest Deb Lenny version of samba:

ii  samba                                  2:3.2.5-4lenny6

 That would cause:

tail /var/log/samba/[snip]
[2009/10/11 12:26:53,  0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1156)
  '/vz/root' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to
[development] Error was Permission denied

This was working until I unmounted it today and there was a samba
upgrade yesterday.

 From the mount machine:

mount error 6 = No such device or address
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

The config hasn't changed in years and is working on other machines that
haven't been upgraded yet.

TIA,

John